Fitness Facility Services
Hours M-Th 5:30am-10pm
F 5:30am 9pm
- Free Fitness Assessment with Membership
- Free Initial Program Design with Membership
- Performance for Life Personal Training
- Fitness Evaluation
- Fitness Facilities
- Workplace Ergonomics
- Cybex Equipment
- Free Weights
- Steam Sauna
- Locker Rooms
- Health Insurance Discount Programs
Fitness Classes for all levels
- Senior Programs
- Les Mills BodyFLow
- Les Mills BodyPump
- Livestrong Matrix Cycling Bikes
- Arthritis Class
- Yoga and Matt Pilates
Personal training is just that, making your program as individual as you are, to reach your specific fitness goals. Training sessions may be used at any time to improve the quality of your workouts. Package sessions expire 6 months after the date of purchase. New members are encouraged to purchase 5 or 10 sessions when beginning their memberships to learn proper habits and increase their comfort zone.
You may utilize your personal training sessions with a variety of programs:
- Nutrition education
- Increasing flexibility
- Private aerobic sessions
- Improving cardiovascular workouts
- Free weights
- Program design
- 30 or 60 minute sessions
- More than 15 minutes late (full charge/no show)
- 24 hr cancellation required for no charge sessions
- Advance payment required
- NSF clients will be cash only
- Sessions non-refundable, transferable if used within 30 days
- No calls after 9 pm, except emergency calls to change appointments
WHAT: Professional staff will perform the following tests on all new members.
MUSCULOSKELETAL EXAM: Do you have any tight muscles, joint problems or previous injuries? During this portion of the Fitness Evaluation we will have you perform specific range of motion activities to determine the appropriateness of specific exercises in your fitness program.
SUBMAXIMAL STRESS TEST: You will ride a stationary bike for approximately 5-10 minutes or walk on a treadmill for 8 min. During this ride or walk we will monitor heart rate until you reach your heart rate goal. Your score will reflect the amount of oxygen your body consumes to reach the heart rate goal.
FLEXIBILITY: We will test the flexibility of the hamstring muscles using a sit and reach test.
BODY FAT: Using calipers, we will measure the amount of subcutaneous fat (the fat under the skin) on 7 different sites to determine a percentage of fat weight versus fat free weight.
STRENGTH: Grip, upper body curl, low back and leg strength will be tested using a dynamometer.
WHEN: All members have an initial evaluation and complete programming session specific to your fitness goals. Every 6-8 weeks after your first evaluation, re-evaluations will be done free of charge as long as you are a member.
WHERE: Fitness Evaluations may be done at the Grand Forks facility.
WHY: Fitness Evaluations provide us with information necessary to design goal specific programs. Re-evaluations monitor your progress resulting in effective workout sessions.
Preparing for Your Fitness Evaluation
In order to assure that the results of your fitness assessment are as accurate as possible, please review the following guidelines. Your assessment will be given on the assumption that you have followed these recommendations.
- Wear loose fitting clothes (jogging attire, shorts, training shoes, etc.)
- Avoid eating or drinking for 3 hours before your assessment.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco, and coffee for at least 3 hours before your assessment.
- Avoid exercising on the same day as your assessment. Exercise will elevate your blood pressure and resting heart rate-invalidating these measures.
- Try to get a good night's sleep the night before your assessment.